Celebrate Orca Month with Whale Scout and OneBothell by restoring salmon habitat at the former Wayne Golf Course, a City of Bothell park! Portions of the park are a migratory corridor for Chinook salmon in the Sammamish River and potential habitat for Coho at the confluence of Waynita Creek. As this amazing property transforms from a golf course into a public open space, volunteers are offered the opportunity to help improve the habitat. By controlling non-native and invasive weeds, and protecting native trees and vegetation, we’re able to improve water quality for salmon and down the line provide more prey for killer whales in the Salish Sea!
Ask an orca scientist!
Dr. David Bain will lead a talk on Orca biology and answer all your orca and salmon questions!!
More info from WhaleScout at: https://www.whalescout.org/event?slug=celebrate-orca-month-restoring-salmon-habitat
- Date: June 18, 2022
- Time: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Location: Former Wayne Golf Course, 16950 W Riverside Dr, Bothell, WA 98011
- What to bring: Closed-toed shoes, water bottle, sunscreen
- Provided: Gloves, tools, all supplies
- All ages welcome!
- View this event on Facebook
- Partners/supporters for this event: City of Bothell, OneBothell, NOAA Fisheries, WDFW, King County Wastewater Treatment Division, WhaleScout
- Space will be limited! Sign up required